Are you interested in participating as a key member of the ARMA Edmonton Board? Would you like to further develop your personal leadership skills while working with a dedicated team of volunteers? If so, the ARMA Edmonton Board of Directors has an opportunity for you. Each year ARMA Edmonton holds elections for all board member positions.
The Board Member positions include:
- President Elect (must have 1 year board experience)
- Communications Director
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Director
- Programming and Learning Director
Additional Non-Voting positions include:
- Elections & Transition Manager
- Event Planner
- Newsletter Editor
- Records Manager & Archivist
- Social Media & Marketing Liaison
- Website Manager
- Candidates and nominees may only declare for one Board position per election.
- Only full, active members in good standing with ARMA International may nominate or stand for election.
- If you are nominating someone for a position, you must obtain their prior permission to do so. (All nominees will be notified of the nomination by email.)
If you or someone you know may be interested in this opportunity, please fill out the nomination form to nominate yourself, or another individual, prior to June 3, 2020.
Once nominations have been received, we will be holding an electronic vote for chapter members from June 10, 2020 through June 24, 2020. (Dates are subject to change at the discretion of the Board.)
Commitments for the Board Members:
- The terms of office are July 1 to June 30
- Attendance at regular monthly (September – June) and special board meetings
- Attendance at all Chapter Events where possible
- Participation in community events, speak on behalf of ARMA, or participate in special projects or on committees as required
- Dedicate 3 to 6 hours per week on ARMA Board activities pertaining to their portfolio duties and responsibilities outlined in the Chapter’s Operating Manual
Should you have any questions on this process, or if you would like more information regarding any position please contact Angela Watt by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering provides individuals with the opportunity to influence your chosen profession in a proactive positive way. Volunteering gives individuals the potential to influence, enhance and encourage professional development and best practices for your RIM colleagues. Take on this leadership and see how rewarding ARMA can be!