About the Edmonton Chapter
A formal records management program was legislated in Alberta during the early 1970s. This resulted in a high demand for records management training and education. Some key individuals working for the provincial government at the time collaborated to establish a chapter in the Edmonton area. On October 12, 1975, the ARMA Edmonton Chapter was chartered. Today the chapter provides training, education and networking opportunities to approximately 200 members.
ARMA i s a not-for-profit association serving over 27,000 members and information management managers throughout the world.
The mission of ARMA International is to provide education, research and networking opportunities to information professionals, to enable them to use their skills and experience to leverage the value of records, information, and knowledge as coporate assets and as contributors to organizational success.
At ARMA International, we recognize that information is a vital asset of every organization. Our vision is to provide leadership in education, research and networking for the benefit of information professionals.
We, ARMA International, believe…
- Our members come first in everything we do
- In respecting each other as equals
- In affording members and staff the opportunity for professional development
- In actively soliciting and welcoming input from others
- That individual contributions are both valued and recognized
- In recognizing members and staff as partners on our team
- In providing the right information to all requests at the right time
- In doing business with respect, integrity and professionalism
- In the power of sharing what we know